Roving Eye Photography

Sunday, May 02, 2010

A few moments of peace

It's a Sunday morning and I am enjoying something very rare and precious - a few minutes of utter and absolute quiet. It's as rare as the sighting of a comet and likely as fleeting.

Chinnu and I went shopping yesterday and bought loads of clothes to replenish her wardrobe which was brimming with clothes that she has almost out grown (I picked up a few springy clothes myself). Since I started work two weeks ago, life has become so crazy and out of control, that I toyed with the idea of doing the clothes shopping online. But then, chinnu is my daughter - she needs to get her clothes the same day as the thought of buying them is expressed. She vociferously objected to buying them on the computer because "I can't see and touch them". Hubby tried to help by saying that we'd have a lot more choices online than at the store. She chewed on that for a moment and asked "How will I get the clothes if we buy them on the computer?".
Hubby - "The mailman will deliver them".
Chinnu - "Will I get them today?"
Hubby - "No. Sometime next week."
Chinnu - "I want to go to the store. We can get some today and then shop on the computer if we don't have enough choices at the store."

At this point, I decided to take her to the store. Her excitement for new clothes was rubbing off on me and I was beginning to get excited about looking at and buying stuff.
We went to Old Navy and bought an armload of clothes. At the store, she asks me - "Amma can I wear my new clothes at home?"
Me - "Yes but only after you shower".
Once we came home, she nagged us to help her shower - this a girl who has to be cajoled, yelled at, threatened every single day to take a shower. Amazing what a girl will do for new clothes.
God help me when my daughters grow up.

No comments: