Roving Eye Photography

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Hurt Locker - Best movie???

I watched about an hour of this movie and ended up with a headache. What on earth were all the critics going on about this movie? Someone needs to explain to me why this movie was voted the best movie of 2009. The only thing that made an impression on me was how realistic it looked. It felt like Iraq (though I've never been there or seen footage of anything there). Other than that, I thought it sucked big time.
What was with the shaking camera? I had to close my eyes tight to prevent the dizzyness from taking over. And the plot of the movie? There was none. What was I supposed to get from this movie? Entertainment value - zero. Take away message - ??? Before the movie starts, a quote "War is a drug"appears on the screen. Is this supposed to be profound? Playing with danger can be addictive - yes. Was this the point of the movie?

No comments: