Roving Eye Photography

Friday, October 22, 2004

Breathing ...

again. But my throat feels a bit scratchy. I can't afford to get sick because of Chinnu. She's 3 months old today, and growing in a hurry. She's a darling and I completely adore her - but of course I'm the mom. The way time's flying is scary.
What will I do when my MIL leaves in Jan? The cost of daycare is insane. Goddard school charges $950 a month. I want to find a babysitter so she wont have that huge a transition from doting grandmom to stranger. I wonder if I'll be OK - right now I can't even imagine the scenario.

V and A are coming over for dinner tonight and Michelle too, to see Chinnu. I've been meaning to bring Chinnu over to the lab, but it's such a hassle.

Finished reading The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler - typical Tyleresque family drama. Very enjoyable, very warm. Need to return books to the library. And get some more. Or maybe I'll finish the Order of the Phoenix which I started when I was around 8 months pregnant. I was advised not read it because it is apparently very disturbing. It's strange - the state of pregnancy. I used to get such vivid dreams. I wonder if this is the reason pregnant women are advised not to read/see disturbing and violent stuff. So while on the subject, my hormones must be going crazy again. My hair which used to shed quite a bit before I got pregnant, looked great and thick for 10 months. Now, all of a sudden, I have started shedding like crazy again. And my forehead is breaking out in painful zits. And the amount of milk I pump at work also seems to be doing a hormone like act. Somedays I pump 6 oz without any effort, somedays it's 4 with Herculean effort. I wish I could find a pattern.

No comments: