Roving Eye Photography

Monday, August 02, 2010

Disclosure

I watched this on TV this weekend. Though the movie was not out of this world, it made an impression because it strikes a chord in me.

- Sexual harassment is the outcome of the power one person has over another. Thankfully, I have not been a victim of sexual hasrassment but I have witnessed corporate bullying - same concept, different manifestation.

- I have been unfortunate enough to deal with HR (no offense intended, but my experience was BAD) and was left wondering what the function of HR actually is. This movie shows the HR guy team up with the powerful to bury the innocent, less powerful victim. Exactly my experience.

- The chief of the company, trying to hush up a sexual harassment case perpetrated by a woman on her subordinate, upon finding out that the victim is going to press charges despite him and his pals trying their utter best to prevent this from happening, says: This is the United States of America. The legal system was invented to protect guys like me (may not be exact words). Not funny if you've been through sexual harassment, bullying etc.

No comments: